Daisies

Daisies
Welcome to my site!

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Bag Story

Remember all the little blocks that I crochet a while ago?  Well, those have now been thrown together to make a knitter's bag.  Lots of little itty bits of wool have been used up and turned into a lovely, useful something!  I might even consider doing another! I have lined the bag, not to lose needles and hooks, using a very nice locally manufactured material.  Goes very well with the bag!

 Here are some of the initial blocks that I have done.  At that stage, I did not know what I was going to do with them all.  Some were blocks from a pattern for a beautiful jacket that I really want to knit for myself this winter.  A Rowan wools pattern, so I will have to substitute with local wool as the Rowan brand is frustratingly expensive here in SA.

 My granddaughter loves horses and when we visited the beautiful Kurland Estate a week or so ago, I took these photo's of her loving this equally willing horse!  The horse was eating grass from her hand and she was over the moon with the fact that the horse did not go away, but stayed for more attention from us!

 Here, at last, are the photo's of the finished bag. I really used bits and pieces even to do the bottom bit, but later switched over to the same colour that I was going to use for the handles.
 Other side!
 Inside, showing the beautiful lining.  Luckily, one cannot see how horrible my hand stitching is!
 I should have shown the handles better.  I used single crochet that makes a good hardwearing fabric and folded the strap over a piece of strapping to make it doubly strong.
I am very satisfied with my bag, it shows what I am doing at this moment in my life.  My work now, is after all, knitting and crocheting items for sale.  It is slow work, not always paying well in money value, but there is little that comes to the good feeling one gets when one has finished an item and it really looks good!

Next time, I'll try making a felted bag.  Cannot wait to do that!  Must just get all the correct materials together and then, wow, and hopefully, a beautiful felted bag!

Lovely day/Lekker dag!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment