Daisies

Daisies
Welcome to my site!

Thursday 23 February 2012

Scrap usage

I have always had yarn, all sorts:  knitting-, cotton- and embroidery yarns. Through the years I have accumulated boxes full of scraps and because I am not busy on anything urgent now, I have decided to start using up the bits. I have also decided that I am not going to worry toooo much about colour co-ordinating, just crochet.  The squares that were done, do not look too bad at all.  In fact, I am looking forward to seeing this riot of colour balancing out:  some bits will be warm and others cool.  

 This is about 3 days' work!


 These are the 'cooler' bits.

 Not quite squared yet, but the colours look much better in real time.

 And this is the finished Doris.  She is very cute and as soft as rain and just loves her shorts and matching T-shirt!

I am also busy on a blanket for the new grandchild.  It has to be a knitted blankie, because that is what his grandmother does, she knits!  But that's for another day!

Wishing you long summer days and cool nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment