Daisies

Daisies
Welcome to my site!

Monday 16 January 2012

Almost done blanket

Four o clock in the afternoon and 26 deg C!  It is hot on this side of the world!

Anyway, still knitting in this heat, believe it or not!  Been looking all over for shady and breezy spots to sit and work and I am almost there.....

 First view of the mohair blanket, two sides stitched together.  Still have to finish the middle part, but only 48 rows to go.....

 This is my randomly blue thingie.  I received this acrylic blue yarn from a friend and could really not think what to do with it.  So now I am knitting irregular blocks and crocheting them together in a navy blue, just to see what it would look like in the end.  The (let's call it a lap blanket) blanket does not look toooo bad, lots of work to be done still.  Anyway, this is just an in betweener to relax my hands and fingers!
Maybe this is a better view of the mohair blanket with all the sides together.  Does not really give you an idea of how big it is, but it is super light.  Can't wait to finish to see the end result.

Wishing for cooler weather.....

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! What a pretty place you have! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment. Love the mohair blanket! I'll be popping in again soon. Ros

    ReplyDelete