Daisies

Daisies
Welcome to my site!

Thursday 11 October 2012

A Beautiful Spring Day

I have been away from this blog for too long and should really try and make it a weekly thingie. But, as you know, it is not always possible. Weather not good for photo's, too much other stuff going on, etc, etc. Anyway, I have been busy making stock for the next two craft tables coming up soon. I must admit, though, that I am slightly disappointed at the fairs so far as I am not selling as I hoped I would. Now I am sitting back trying to think of goods people might rather buy. I really did not want to go the boring way, but would rather offer people something out of the ordinary or something they will not encounter in their every day shopping. This is really a trial and error thing! An expensive one at that! It being a lovely sunny day after all the rain we had (miserable weather for nearly 5 days) and seeing that the birds are singing sweet songs, I photographed a few flowering beauties in the garden. I am also trying to crochet a shawl (second one mind you as the first did not turn out as I expected and will have to be unravelled) and have made a few table runners for Xmas usage. Beautiful material and good and heavy for tables. Also bought lovely prints of birds and will try and quilt those. I am a little stuck at the quilting, though. Anyway, the photo's of sunshine and accidental shadowy heads in between:
The photo's are from the top: 1) Spring onions gone to seed; 2) Calendulae - I have a plan with those beauties; 3) Lovely sunny weed (forgotten the name); 4) Close-up of a Pelargonium head; 5) Mauve pelargoniums; 6) The whole bush, bees love those flowers; 7) Lovely wild pink geranium with a lemony smell; 8) The common old red one, still beautiful; 9) Nasturtiums; 10) The crochet shawls; 11) Hoping to be quilted placemats of birdies; 12) 2 Christmassy table cloths plus a finished runner. I hope that your day will be a lovely one! Marl xox

2 comments:

  1. Hi there.Lovely photos.I have only ever knitted shawls never crocheted.What's the pattern?Love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful garden photos and pretty craft work. Love the pretty shawl and the gorgeous runner. The birdy placemats will be lovely! Have a good week. Ros

    ReplyDelete